This season of Game of Thrones has by far been the most intense season. I've had mixed feelings about a lot of things (as many others have) and I thought that I would write down 10 things about what I've thought about this season. As always,
...soo a huge spoiler warning (for both books and show).
1. Where is Lady Stoneheart? I was looking foreward to see her so freaking much but it seems like they completely cut her out of the story. I kind of understand it, right know she isn't a major character and the directors have to choose what they want to show since they don't have unlimited time, but still. Lady Stoneheart is probably the most epic and badass character ever!
2. I honestly don't really know what to feel about the wedding between Sansa and Ramsey. Ideally I wouldn't have had her marry Ramsey but since they decided to cut out the Jeyne Poole-story I do understand why they chose to include the rape-scene in Sansa's story. However, I don't think it adds anything new to Sansa's character and although I know that Westeros is extremely brutal and the show is very violent I still do think that the rape-scene wasn't necessairy.
3. Speaking of Sansa, I absolutely love Theon. The way he is played by Alfie Allen is so amazing.
4. Thank you for bringing back Jaqen H'gar. Normally I like staying to the original plotline, but there's a few characters I wouldn't mind making exceptions for, and Jaqen H'gar is one of them. So badass and so cool. Love seeing more of him.
6. Seriously, what happened with Stannis, Shireen and Selyse. I wonder if we're going to see something similar in the next book or if this was completely made up by the directors. Anyway it did spoil the books quite a bit, Stannis is not going to sit on the Iron Throne for sure. This plot twist was for sure something I didn't expect but it kind of felt like it happened to shock the audience. The worse the better. I know Westeros is not always the most realistic place, but what father who just the day before loved and did everything for his daughter would burn her? Anyways, I was really happy when Brienne killed Stannis. I don't believe in karma, but if I would've, I would've said - karma always get you.
7. The dragons are AMAZING. It actually feels as though they real. Without them the Daenerys-scenes would actually be a lot more boring. I used to love Daenerys but recently I've honestly almost thought it's been a bit boring. Hopefully, it will get a bit more interesting now and more dragons please!
8. The white walkers were a lot different from what I expected them to be. Honestly, I don't really know what I did expect, but not that. When I watched the episode where Jon gathers most of the free folk and fights the white walkers I didn't like the look of them that much. However, looking back on that episode, I've changed my opinion a bit and I'm looking forward a lot to seeing where the story will take them.
9. Speaking about the North. Jon Snow. Oh dear. I knew it was coming, but still. He's dying! I refuse to believe that he's going to die. We don't even know who his father is. And it's the Song of Ice and Fire. He's supposed to be the ice and Daenerys the fire. But on the other hand, it's not the first time GRR Martin has completely surpised me.
10. I actually feel for Cersei. I used to hate her and love hating her but when I read A Dance with Dragons I starting to pity her and it has just continued with this season. I don't particularly like liking her but I can't help it. And as the big feminst I am it's been really interesting to see her struggle with men and power and how badly she wants to be able to do everything men are allowed to. I can't believe I say this but Cersei is kind of cool.