I'm about to leave on vacation soon and I need to pack all my stuff. But since I'm a big procrastinator and don't wanna do it I decided to do the Lord of the Ring Tag instead!
The Lord of the Rings
1. Books or movies?
1. Books or movies?
Depends. I do like the movies, and especially when I want some action + fantasy, but the books, oh my, I love them so much.
2. Which character do you connect with the most?
Éowyn. Story of my life. Haha not really, but I just love her spirit and passion.
3. What are your top 5 favorite tracks from the soundtracks?
Concerning Hobbits - obviously...
A Elbereth Gilthoniel
May it be - so beautiful.
Misty Mountains - that song gives me chills every single time.
The Ride of the Rohirrim.
4. Which scene always makes you cry?
"A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all ... But it is not this day!" That scene. But also the last scene of The Hobbit, because it reminds me of good memories and that this epic journey reached its end.
5. Where would you live in Middle-earth?
Rohan or the Shire.
6. Which race would you be?
Human, a shieldmaiden of the rohirrim.
7. Orcs or Uruk-hai?
Neither. Kill them all!
8. Favorite character?
Besides Éowyn I do love Lúthien and Beren.
9. Which character do you look the most like?
I don't really look like any character but people keep telling me that I look like an elf.
10. Who is your favorite paring? (canon or non-canon)
Hm... probably Lúthien and Beren but Éowyn and Faramir is a good one too.
11. Who is your least favorite paring? (canon or non-canon)
Fili and Tauriel.
12. What unpopular opinion do you have for the movies?
I kind of do like Legolas snowboarding skills in LotR (not The Hobbit, a bit too much there.)
13. If you could change anything about the movies, what would it be?
Haha, don't get me started. But I can at least say, why leave out The Scouring of the Shire??
14. How do you think Tolkien would have felt about Peter Jackson’s adaptations?
He would probably get a heart-attack.
15. Whose wardrobe would you like to have?
Éowyn's or Tauriels.
16. Rivendell or Lothlorien?
17. Least favorite character?
The Master of Lake Town.
18. Have you ever cosplayed as one of the characters? If not, who would you choose?
Yep. Arwen and Tauriel (kind of ironic since I don't like her that much :P).
19. What scene makes you laugh the most?
The scene where Merry and Pippin are talking about second breakfasts luncheon etc and Aragorn toss them an apple.
20. If you could meet 3 of the actors, who would you choose?
Evangeline Lilly (even though I don't like her character I have to say that Evangeline Lilly is badass), Orlando Bloom (he's after all my early teenage crush) and Viggo Mortensen.
21. What are your top five favorite lines from the films?
"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."
“I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the Ages of this world alone.”
“A day may come when the courage of men fails… but it is not THIS day.”
“I thought up an ending for my book. ‘And he lives happily ever after, till the end of his days.'”
"These are Rhosgobel Rabbits! I'd like to see them try."
22. Have you watched any of the animated films? If so, what are your opinions?
Nope, I've watched a weird russian adaption though and interesting is probably the best way to describe it.
23. How has LOTR affected your life?
Ehm. It brought me to New Zealand, one of my biggest passions, sewing comes from my love for LotR and I've gotten so many friends due to our love for Tolkien's works.
24. Weapon of choice?
Bow(tie)s are cool.
25. Would you have volunteered to destroy the Ring?
Eheheh. No. But I would probably have guilted myself into doing it and being killed on the way and Middle-earth would've fallen into Sauron's hands.
26. Who do you think is the most attractive character?
Legolas, Aragorn, Thorin and Fili. Oh, you said one character?
27. Do you own any LOTR merchandise? If so, what is your favorite item?
Of course I do! I really like the (original) leaves I have from the party tree above Bag End. They are plastic and spray painted green because New Zealand does not have trees that look like party trees. But besides those I love my elf ears.
28. Have you read the book?
Is that even a question?
29. Have you ever had a LOTR marathon? Describe your perfect marathon.
I have not yet watched all of the movies in one day, I have however watched The Hobbit-movies and LotR-movies in a very short time. But my perfect marathon would be with the six movies, exteneded edition, with my favourite NZ-people, a huge amount of snacks, pizza and snuggle-time.
30. When did you first watch the films and/or read the book?
I read The Hobbit when I was 12 years, watched LotR when I was 14 and read all the books the same year as that.
31. What is your favorite film/book?
I really like the first LotR-movie and The Silmarillion.
32. Get drink with/marry/fight to the death. (Pick three characters)
Merry (it would be a fun time), Faramir (and persuade him to move to Rohan), Aragorn (he would obviously not die so then he could save me).
33. Which scene scares you the most?
The Shelob-scene, couldn't watch it the first time and it still creeps me out.
34. Gondor or Rohan?
35. Which character(s) would you want as your parent(s)?
Bilbo and Tauriel.
36. Which characters would you want as your best friends?
Frodo and Balin
37. When was the last time you watched the films/read the book?
When I was in New Zealand, in Queenstown, looking over both Rohan and Mordor from my bedroom.
38. Favorite horse?
Shadowfax is a beautiful horse.
39. If you could spend a day in Middle-earth, what would you want to do?
Well, since I've basically already spent some days in Middle-earth and visited The Shire, Rohan and Mordor I would really like to see Moria. But also Edoras with the Golden Hall. And re-visit The Shire without all the tourists but have a nice party there with some die-hard fans.
40. Is there anything you would change about the books?
Probably cut down on Frodo's and Sam's journey through Mordor....
41. What do you think is the greatest lesson LOTR has to offer?
That one single, small person can change the course of the future if he/she has enough courage and determination. It's the perfect story of hope in times of despair, that even when it looks the darkest, there's still some light where you least expect it.
42. What would your dream home in Middle-earth be like?
If I could pick and choose all over, I would like a Hobbit-hole with some talans in my backyard, on the borders to Rohan.
43. How would you describe what LOTR means to you in one word?
44. Which death makes you the most sad?
Thorin's death. Kili's death was handled so terribly and Fili's was over-made.
45. Favorite behind-the-scenes moments from the films?
Perhaps not really behind-the-scenes, but I love the Easter Egg where Dominic Monaghan interviews Elijah Woods.
46. f you could own any item from the films, what would it be?
I would love to take one of the swords.
47. If you had the opportunity to meet the Professor, what do you think you would say?
Thank you. Thank you so much.
This tag was taken from here. I think you should do it too, it was actually really fun thinking about all these things. Now I really need to go to bed and hopefully I'm going to be dreaming about a red viking dress I'm about to start on soon (hopefully more info about that will be up soon.)